Bathing suit season is in full-swing in Florida and Jeff and I decided it was time to get serious about our diet. We do pretty good normally, healthy food, running regularly, but we want to have more dramatic results. So, today we began our high (lean) protein, no dairy, low-carb diet (I know, sounds exciting, huh?). We've turned it into a bit of a challenge with Craig & Cassie which should make it more motivating and fun. I'll keep you posted on our progress!
We had another nice weekend. I am starting to buckle-down and work on my dissertation on Saturdays. It's not much fun (I missed the trip to the beach) but, it'll feel so good to get this rather large monkey off my back! I'm making good progress and so far, I'm still on track to finish this fall.
Jeff and I both have trips coming up in the next few weeks. Jeff is headed on a cross-country road trip with his buddy, Brent. They are driving from Gainesville to Washington (yes, state) in Brent's big truck, pulling a 16 ft. trailer, and two dogs in the cab. It sounds like a disaster to me but, he's looking forward to it! I'm headed to San Francisco for work and am looking forward to it. It's been years since I've been and it's one of my favorite cities. I'm hoping to carve out an afternoon/evening to eat some clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl, shop, and catch up with a good friend.
Ashley and I are also trying to plan a fabulous vacation. Paris in August/September?? Hopefully, we can find some reasonable airfare. It's pretty expensive right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment