Sunday, October 23, 2011

35 Weeks

At the request of some very persistent family members, we took some belly shots after church today. Jeff describes my current look as "you, with half a watermelon on your belly." And, he's kind of right. I'm all belly and I'm just grateful that I inherited the no-stretch-mark gene from my mom!

At 35 weeks, I look like I'm ready to pop!




My belly-button popped out almost immediately after I started showing. Now, it looks like I don't really have one... I hope it comes back!



A few other fun facts:

How far along? 35 weeks--does anyone else experience a little anxiety when they look at the countdown ticker on the sidebar of my blog? D-day is coming up fast!
Total weight gained? 30 lbs--thanks to the little lady's recent growth spurt.
Maternity clothes? I've definitely out-grown some of my maternity dresses---just trying to make my current supply last for a few more weeks!
Stretch marks? Nope, great genes--thanks, mom!
Sleep? A couple of night each week I wake up and an unable to fall back to sleep for a couple of hours. It makes for really long work days and it's kind of a cruel trick because shouldn't I be getting all of my sleep in now? Somehow, my body doesn't think so...
Missing anything? Running! (Boy, I never thought I'd say that!)
Movement? Oh yeah. She has found my ribs and isn't afraid to let me know when she feels squished.
Food cravings? Still no. I think Jeff was hoping that I crave some tasty junk food but, mostly I'm sticking with my normal diet!
Labor signs? I've been having some Braxton-Hicks contractions but, that's about it. They are especially strong when I'm working out.
Belly button in or out? Um, yeah. Pretty much disappeared.
Wedding rings on or off? On baby! Yay!
Mood? Really happy. I feel really good, am generally pretty comfortable and am really excited to meet our little girl!
Looking forward too? Seeing what she looks like, cuddling her, and her first smile.

5 comments:

Stephanie Tobler said...

You are simply stunning!! My mother didn't get stretch marks either. Here's hoping that I get as lucky as you!!

Ashley Hart said...

YAY!! These are amazing, beautiful!!

Kim said...

I'm totally impressed with Jeff's photography skills! I would have thought these were professional photos! Love 'em! So happy for you, Amy:)

Kira said...

those are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Alicia said...

Beautiful pictures! I was so waiting to see some fun belly pics. We are so excited for you guys! You are so going to have a BABY!!!!! Happy Dance, Happy Dance! ha ha