I defend my dissertation tomorrow afternoon! YAY! There were times over the past 3 years when I thought this day would never come! Jeff's told me this morning, "Enjoy your last day a a "normal" person"... I think he meant it in a good way. ;-)
It really has been an amazing opportunity to continue my education and grow in so many ways. I feel so much more capable in my work and am excited about the opportunities this will bring to me and our little family. I feel like I'll be able to have a broader influence for good and for whatever reason, I know that this opportunity was something my Heavenly Father wanted for me. I can see His hand in all of the things that have happened for me to even have the opportunity and have felt Him strengthening me as I've pushed beyond my natural capacity to accomplish what I needed to. I was running my errands on Saturday--had my sun-roof open, singing along to the Mama Mia soundtrack, enjoying the sunshine--and I thought, life is good. Jeff and I have been incredibly blessed (over the last couple of months in particular) and "joy" is truly what we feel. It's such a great feeling to have things falling into place and to feel true joy after so many years of hard work.
We are excited for tomorrow and I am grateful that I'll have some of my family here for my big finish!
6 comments:
WhooHoo! I'm so excited for you! Good luck! I'm sure you'll kick some serious bootay! :0)
We seriously need to celebrate your brilliance!
Good Luck! We know it will go well!
Grandma and I were just talking about you and we'll both be thinking about you tomorrow! I kinda had to explain what a nervous event it is for you, but I think she got it. We're both proud and happy for you!
And I'm happy that you feel so accomplished. I'm sure you will do great things with your doctorate!
Oh- and how cute is that email about forgiving him? Too funny.
Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great.
Amy, oops I mean Dr. Amy --- Good luck! You are so awesome! Thanks for being such a great example to my girls. I'm sure you'll be very successful today! Pam
soooo .... how did it go?
Post a Comment