Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Lesson in Forgiveness

So, we had our air conditioner serviced back in September and were told the our utility company provides a $50 rebate for having our unit serviced. Jeff said he'd take care of the paper work for us to get our rebate. Well, it's February and the paperwork is still sitting on our desk. I'd long since given up on the rebate since so much time has passed but reminded him about it this morning just in case. This was the email I received from Jeff later this morning:

"Hey lover, I owe you $50 because the GRU rebate had to be filled out within 30 days of the service. I can do chores to pay the debt, or you can give me 50 lashings (one for every dollar lost), OR you can be just like Jesus and just forgive me :-) "

I've been giggling ever since! I decided to be like Jesus and just forgive him. :-)

4 comments:

Kira said...

Ok, Justin and I keep laughing about this post of yours!!! Thanks for brightening our day.

Chad said...

Jeff,

What as shame. I wouldn't forgive you that easily. $50 of after tax money is not trivial, you really dropped the ball on this one. Amy should make you go to the plasma center for this one.

Chad said...

Jeff,

Paintball is going to be on Feb. 23. You should plan to come down for weekend.

amber said...

Just like a man.... lol.