Wednesday, February 4, 2009

That's all she wrote...

It's all done! I successfully defended my dissertation this afternoon and am officially "Dr. Tobler." It hasn't really set in yet. For now, I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep, finally being out of my (fabulous) heels, and a fun long-weekend at Disney with my family.

It really was a great day and it couldn't have gone much better!

14 comments:

Jessica Snyder said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Seriously, I'm so happy for you- I wish I could make the "congratulations" in like 46 point font or something. So just imagine me yelling it!
Yay!
:)

Craig and Cassie said...

YEA!!! Congratulations!!

Happy said...

Congrats Amy!!! I mean, Dr. Tobler! What a wonderful accomplishment!

Da Costa said...

Dude! I can't believe I'm going to have to call you DOCTOR now! :0)
Just kidding! You so deserve it. Congrats Amy! You rock!

Kira said...

WooooHooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Dr. Tobler!!!!!!!!! Have funn at Disney!

LINDSAY said...

Dr. Tobler, where are you going next? To Disney! (it's just like the commercial). CONGRATULATIONS! and have a fun weekend.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATION DR. TOBLER! I'm glad it went so well! Have fun at Disney! Pam

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Amy! Watching you defend yesterday will be one of the most cherished memories of my life! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Hey Doc, enjoy Disney. You've worked long and hard for this. Soon it will be "Dr. and Dr." Congratulations!

Attitude of Gratitude said...

HOORAY!! Congratulations Doctor! What an accomplishment--big sigh of relief. Hope Disney is great.

Chad said...

Congratulations on getting to the Phinish line! Gosh, what will you do now... Has Obama filled all his cabinet positions yet???

Chad

Anonymous said...

HEY DR. TOBLER,
You deserve a big CONGRATULATION!!!!!!!!!!for a job well done. We are so happy for you..Glad your family was able to be there with you.. Hope you have a picture in that new suit and those heels. LOVE YOU Grandma and grandpa Allen

ob said...

Congrats to Doctor-hood. An amazing accomplishment..and so quickly.

Well have to figure out a way to decrease confusion..too many Dr. Toblers

Kyle

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy just wanted to congragulate you on your PHD! How does it seem to be called Dr. Tobler? I have tried several times to leave you a note but they never went through! So proud of you, you have worked hard and long to achieve this goal! Oh and by the way the ring is beautiful...you certainly have earned it! Tell jeff hi and keep us posted on your DOINGS love to read your blog keep up the good work! Love Grandma!