Saturday, May 5, 2012

It's a big day!

This Cinco de Mayo was a big day for these Toblers! However, instead of celebrating the day with Mexican food and margaritas (virgin, of course), we celebrated by taking Presley to her very first birthday pool party  and initiating our foray into (semi) solid foods! It was a great day!

I must say, I was more excited about getting her into this little swimming suit that I was about getting her in the pool. I mean, really, wouldn't it be great if we thought jelly-rolls like that were cute on adults!?!


The water was a little chilly, and I think that curbed her enthusiasm.





She seemed more impressed with her sunglasses, which were fun to chew on.


"I don't know what all the fuss is about, that water is cold!"


Frankly, she was perfectly content to just chew on this napkin...


...or this bottle and watch all of the other kids play in the chilly pool.


 

 

 After the party, and a much needed nap, it was time for our little P to eat some "real" food! She's been eying ours for weeks and we were excited to feed her some delicious, gourmet, rice cereal!

She started out pretty excited...






...and then she realized that rice cereal doesn't taste so great!





"Um, next time can we try something better?"




2 comments:

Craig and Cassie said...

What a big girl! The rice cereal never happened at our house either :)

The Mom Tobler said...

Love the play-by-play photos.