With approximately 11 weeks to go, I'm definitely feeling the pressure to get all sorts of little (and big) projects done. And with only nights and weekends to do 'em, I am having to make good use of all of my free time.
I've been piecing together and binding a little quilt...
(boy are my fingers sore!)
Making a car seat cover (I wasn't going to do this one but, when I realized the little lady will be arriving in the midst of flu season, I decided it was a must-do)...
And making hats, headbands and hair-flowers!
There's still so much to do and we're definitely starting to feel pressed for time! A few pregnancy observations:
1. The pregnancy version of my immune system really sucks. I'm currently plagued by yet another cold--my third in 7 months. I usually only get 1 or 2 a year. Unfortunately, it's a crazy-busy time at work so I haven't been able to slow down as much as I should to recover.
2. Our little lady engages in some alien-like moves every night around 9pm. She starts rolling around and Jeff and I can see her little legs, knees, and elbows poke out and move across my tummy. It's pretty amazing and gross at the same time.
3. I feel strangely disconnected from my body. I mean, I know it's me I'm looking at in the mirror but, really? Is that my belly?
4. Jeff is a great husband and daddy. I love it when he asks me how his girls are doing. It's also getting harder to hug him close and tight. I have to approach him at kind of an angle.
5. We're starting to accumulate a lot of the necessities but, I still haven't started putting together the nursery. We still need to buy her furniture but, we have one couch left to sell before we can move everything around for it. Anyone want to buy couch?
4 comments:
Amy.. really a cute quilt and cover..you have done a beautiful job....takes after your mom....love Emma
I love the quilt colors and all of your other creations! Are going to do new born photos?
Those hats are adorable. Love the Gator flowers. Great Idea for the cover. Little miss princess is going to be well taken care of. Can't wait to see the room all done.
Great job on the quilt... you are so talented.
Post a Comment