Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's my kind of town...

I just got back from a really quick business trip to Chicago. I am exhausted! I was there just long enough to remember how much I love that city (even in the cold rain) and I can't wait to go back with Jeff in a couple of weeks.

We managed to squeeze in a quick power-hour of shopping before we had to head to the airport and I'm so glad that we did. I found some fantastic Gucci sunglasses on sale 80% off! They spoke to me and convinced me that they needed to go to a place where the sun is always shining and the grass is always green. I obliged and feel as though I've found a long-lost friend. I'd be wearing them right now if it was socially acceptable at work.

We have a busy few weeks ahead. Hopefully, some of these events will involve pictures that I can post! Here's what's coming soon in the Tobler house:

1. Jeff and Amy graduate (again),
2. Amy officially interviews for her Research Assistant Professor position (maybe no pictures but definitely some new clothes),
3. Jeff and Amy spend a week in Chicago,
4. Jeff is loaned to Kyle and Kim for cheap house labor, and
5. Jeff and Amy go to Washington DC (I hope we see Obama!).

That pretty much sums up May...It's going to be a busy one!

1 comment:

Cyd said...

Sounds like an eventful month! I love Chicago you have to get Garrets popcorn with the cheese caramel mix, it sounds disgusting but is actually delicious. Make sure you eat a piece of Giradono's pizza for me!