Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Fun Easter Weekend

I have been swamped at work (and home) this week. Hence, the delay in my post about Easter weekend!

Jeff went on a quick trip to Salt Lake City with his family to celebrate his brother Jake's love for his fiance, Stephanie. Their wedding was postponed until August and the tickets were nonrefundable so, they decided to celebrate anyway! It sounds like they had a good time. I have yet to see any pictures...

I spent the weekend with my family in Tampa. We had a great day kayaking on the spring-fed Chasawhitzka river. There were many springs and hillbillies to see. You ever hear that song "redneck yacht club?" I was singing it in my head all day, very appropriate. Ashley called it an "undiscovered White-trash treasure." Lots of beer bellies, very few teeth, a confederate flag or two...anyway, you get the point. The nature was beautiful, the people less beautiful (present company excluded) and it was a great day! Alas, not a picture to be had from my weekend either...

Jeff's thesis cleared the graduate school this week and he is officially done and eyeing his fast-approaching days as a house wife. I'm swamped at work and headed to Chicago for a quick trip Sunday. All I really want to do is stay home and sleep! I suppose I shouldn't compain...our car is fixed, our window is fixed, and life is good even if it is busy!

No comments: