1. Where did you first meet your hubby?
We have different versions of this story! I say Jeff and I first met at the University of Florida institute of religion. We had both attended the Wednesday night class and while we were having refreshments, he was standing against the wall and as I was walking by, our eyes met and I smiled and said "hello." He'll tell you that I looked at him and didn't say anything but, I think his memory is questionable. I didn't introduce myself until a week or so later when my roommates and I went over to our friends house to watch a movie and he was there. He was studying his ballet vocabulary for his dance class and I plopped myself down on the couch next to him and introduced myself. After the movie, I had to ask him three times if I could give him a ride home before he finally consented.
2. What do you remember most about him?
His lips and smile were what stuck out to me most. He has such a great smile and big, soft lips...perfect for kissing! When we finally got to talking, I could tell that he was nervous but he persisted and always asked me about my day (and really seemed to care about what I was saying about it)!
3. Who asked out who first?
He asked me out while I was hanging out at the institute one afternoon. He walked into the room, asked me out quickly, and then left just a quickly as he'd asked me out! Apparently, he had been downstairs trying to work up the courage to do it and had come upstairs twice and chickened out. His roommate, Uncle Jesse, finally told him to man-up and ask me out. I'm glad he did!
4. What did you do on your first date?
We went on a double date with Chad and Janet. We went for Thai food and then Latin dancing downtown. Neither of us had Latin danced before. We had so much fun figuring it out together! It was so nice to be out with someone who liked to get out there and have fun. I especially like it when Jeff took my hand to lead me through the crowd!
5. What was your favorite thing to do together while you were dating?
I introduced Jeff to Gator football and after that, we really enjoyed going to the Gator games together on Saturdays in the fall. In the spring, our favorite thing was to go to the beach. Most of our weekday evenings were spent sharing dinner, studying (a little bit), and talking (a lot)!
6. When was your first kiss with your sweetheart?
On our third date, Jeff took me to the Gold & Green ball. We had a great time and when he walked me to my door his gave me a quick kiss and then promptly said goodnight and ran down the stairs. He came over the next day to kiss some more ;-)
7. Who said "I love you" first?
He said it first but, I said it back to him right away. We had known for a while that we both felt the same but, he waited until the eve of my bachelor's degree graduation to tell me. It had actually become a bit of an ongoing joke over a couple of weeks. We'd just look at each other, smile, and say something like "you know what I'm thinking." We took a picnic dinner over to the stadium and sat on top of the alligator and ate and talked. He finally said it and I quickly reciprocated. It was one of those perfect moments.
8. When did you first realize you loved him?
Jeff and I went on spring break together with a bunch of our friends and I think that's when I realized that I was going to fall in love with him. He was just so cute and so much fun! I don't remember one specific moment where the realization came. It just grew bit-by-bit every day. Now, I realize I love him every day!
9. How did he propose?
Jeff woke me up at about 4am on a Saturday and we drove out to St. Augustine beach. As the sun was rising, he got down on his knee and asked me to be his wife. I said "yes" of course and we enjoyed some croissants and orange juice on the beach. I had known it was coming but, I thought we were heading out there just so he could throw me off. I didn't think he would really propose to me while I was in my PJ's! As a matter of fact, I had gotten dressed up the night before and we had ended up at the stadium (where we spent part of our 2nd date). I told him, "I thought you were going to propose tonight!" Little did I know it was coming in the morning!
10. What do you remember about your wedding day?
Our wedding day was perfect. I remember sitting in the celestial room of the Salt Lake temple just holding hands and smiling. I wasn't nervous until one of the workers came up to us and said, "Are you ready?" Then we were nervous! We walked into the sealing room and I just felt overwhelmed with love for my sweetheart and all of our loved ones who were there with us. I remember exactly how Jeff looked as we knelt across the altar. We were both beaming and I knew that it was right. I was (and am) so thankful that he was going to be mine forever. Our sealer was amazing and "celestial" is the best word to describe our sealing. We enjoyed our reception and just giggled as we pulled away from the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in our horse-drawn carriage. We spent that night at the Inn at Temple Square, which was just around the corner, and during our spin around the block we had tons of people cheering for us as we passed. It was so funny! We had our first family prayer, he in his tux and me in my dress, when we got to the hotel room. It was so sweet and we've lived happily ever after ever since! I married such a great man and I am thankful for him, and fall more in love with him, every day!


Thanks, Rachel, for tagging me! I tag Cassie, Hillary and Irene.
2 comments:
awwwwwwwwww! I love it! It makes me feel like I know you just that much better!
Adorable--same feeling you get when you watch a good chic flick! P.S. remind me to tell you a good story next time I see you about when Blaine and I were sitting in the celestial room.
Post a Comment