Unfortunately, they didn't hand out the certificates for both of my scholarships at once...I had to make the long trek up to the stage, up the stairs, across the stage, and down the stairs, twice. Normally, this would be such a big deal but... (see below).

I actually fell off my stilettos on the way there!! Yep, I actually hit the pavement! I think (as it all happened so quickly) that as I was stepping off a curb my ankle rolled and I just collapsed. Luckily, I didn't tear my pants! I only tweaked my ankle, skinned my knee, scuffed my favorite pair of shoes, and wounded my pride...
It was bound to happen eventually. I had come too close too many times. Now you can see why I was nervous about going up to the stage twice! I was in pain and had lost all confidence in my ability to walk in heels! It'll be flats for me for the next few days!

3 comments:
So sorry about the fall, I've come close too many times myself and am waiting for the day when I really do go down! I also just saw the pics of your finished place and it looks awesome! I starting to think seriously about a trip to FL with the crazy winter we've been having!
This is hilarious! I'm sorry to hear that you ate it - it was bound to happen one day (at least it wasn't on stage)! Congrats on your scholarships!!
Call me this week . . .
Sorry you hear you biffed it, Amy. It's a great story, though. One I'm sure we'll hear again and again!
Mom
Post a Comment