We had an impromptu trip to the Dallas Zoo today. When I asked Presley what she wanted to do today she said, "go to the zoo," which she's never requested before so, we packed up our gear and headed out on an adventure!
It was a fantastic day and we both really enjoyed ourselves!
I was so glad that Presley wanted to feed the giraffes. She wasn't shy at all about it and thought it was so funny when the giraffe got her hand with his tongue!
The children's area has a great "stream" to wade and splash in. It was a great way to cool off and break from all of the animal excitement!
Presley thought she wanted to ride this turtle...
...then quickly decided it wasn't for her. She's not a big fan of reptiles. She moved really quickly through the reptile house!
Of course, no outing would be complete without a carousel ride. She picked out a lovely zebra to ride and smiled the whole time.
It was such a fun day and I love being able to experience the magic of new things with her. She had so much fun seeing the animals, especially the koala bears and the lemurs--to which she serenaded with "I like to move-it, move-it" (from Madagascar). It was a great outing with my best little friend!









No comments:
Post a Comment