We had only one kitchen fire...
Fortunately, it was contained in the oven and was just a bit of flaming apple pie goo!
We all pitched in to make our delicious feast. I made the rolls (again). We couldn't remember exactly when this became my task but, I think I've been the bread-girl for the last 13 years and I've about got it right!
Dave fried the turkey and it was delicious!
Even Jeff pitched in, cutting the pears for the salad and looking extra cute in his blue polo.
We played a nice family game of Texas hold 'em,
which Jay won,
and we all took very seriously. (For the record, Jeff says he had to smile like this so that he could keep his chips over his eyes.)
New to our Thanksgiving gathering this year was the Turkey Games! We had a five-event Wii tournament that featured the downhill, ski jump, hula hoop, obstacle course and archery. Of course, doing this soon after eating several thousand calories made it all the more interesting!
At the end of the 5-rounds, Greer was crowned the wii-nner of the first annual Turkey Games. Her prize...$40 (it was a $5 buy-in) and bragging rights for the next year.
I have much to be thankful for this, and every, year. Not the least of which are all of the yahoos above. I've been incredibly blessed to be surrounded by good people, at home, at work, at church and to have the opportunity to love, and be loved, by my sweetheart. I'm grateful to be able to work and provide for our little family. I have a job that I love (most of the time) and am engaged in work that provides many opportunities to leave the world, and people, around me a little better. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and Savior that know, and love, me and are there to give me a spiritual hug when I'm feeling down and direct me to the good things in life when I seek Their counsel. I'm grateful that Thanksgiving is a holiday that reminds us to focus on the good and recognize the great blessings we receive. It's the perfect way to set the tone for the Christmas season!
2 comments:
Amy such a beautiful tree and a lovely home..looks like all of you had a wonderful thanksgiving..
we did too....you all look GOOD...LOVE g-EMMA
I'm gonna start calling you "Martha Stewart" AND I really want to come to Florida next year for Thanksgiving .. looks like tons of fun! -- Pam
Post a Comment