I took Friday afternoon off so that we could go and explore the city (and eat some more) and we had a great day! First, we went to the National Zoo and saw all sorts of animals.
Panda Bears...
A bald eagle...
Even some prehistoric animals. (We took this picture for our nephew, Charlie. It his Uncle "Beff" and one of his favorite dinosaurs "tops")
But, this guy was definitely the highlight of our zoo visit. No kidding, he was 5 feet from me and we just happened upon him at feeding time...
We were a little unsure how he was going to get up the stairs.
About this time Jeff and I both commented on his "Tobler legs"
Hungry, hungry hippo...
Then we walked down by the White House. Sadly, I didn't get to see President Obama...
But, then we got caught in the rain...
And then it rained some more...
But, after it cleared up and we dried off, we had a nice sunset walk down the mall. It was a perfect time of day to take in the monuments and even a little live jazz in the sculpture garden.
It was a romantic end to a great trip!
5 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great trip!
I LOVE DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on 6 years guys!!!!!
I'm green with envy that you got to visit D.C. I love the mall walk and I can't wait to go back. Looks like fun times!
Beautiful pictures. I love going to DC also. My mom and pops live there and I miss them since I am clear over here in the north 40.
Amy,
Congratulations to you. It looks like you guys had a great time. DC was one of our favorite trips that Kent and I have been on together. I LOVED the "Tobler legs" comment. You guys are hilarious.
Natalie
Post a Comment