Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Graduation BBQ

To celebrate our graduations this time around we decided to throw a BBQ for our family and close friends. It was a great way to be able to spend time with our family and friends and to have some fun while we were at it. Here are some fun pics! (I promise I was at the party but, as you can see, I was the photographer :-) )

We had a delicious spread. Plenty of sweets...



And BBQ...I just finished the left-overs yesterday. I don't think I've ever eaten so much pork in one week!



P.S. See that pretty orange flower thing on the table? Not the actual flowers...the orange table decoration...my sister, Ashley, made a bunch of those in orange and blue and I was so impressed! They are cute, easy, cheap party decorations and they really made a big difference. In her words, she went "martha stewart on my <insert three letter word for bottom>" I thought it was funny...



Little Violet was the bar-tender for the first 30 minutes of the evening.



Colton enjoyed the rice krispy treats



And of course the boys had to play watermelon football! I had to ask the produce guy at the supermarket for an extra large watermelon. We didn't want it to be too easy!



There was a lot of wrestling in this game. I think we need to come up with more rules because that definitely looks like holding to me!



Violet and her Grandma Tobler watching the boys (notice Jan's nice, dry clothes)





The boys with their broken ball. The melon lasted quite a while this time. After it broke open, we were a little sad we had selected this one for playing...it looked like it was probably a tasty melon!



Jan didn't stay dry that evening. She sacrificed herself to take pictures of the boys as they dove into the pool while trying to catch a football.



My dad and Braden messing around.



Funny story...my brother went to the restroom while the party was in full swing. Well, the lights for the bathroom are on a timer. He judiciously decided that 12 minutes would be sufficient for him to complete his business. However, as the time came and went, he found himself in the dark...in a stall...unable to finish things up without any light. So, using technology to his advantage, he proceeded to call all of his family members until my dad finally picked up and came to his rescue. the lesson to be learned from this?? Just give yourself as much time as possible...you can always turn it off if you have time to spare ;-) This picture was taken to recreate the moment he decided to opt for less time...



After the party was over, we had my siblings sleep over. We were pretty beat but, in a good way!



The feature presentation tomorrow evening will be some pictures from graduation. I know you are all anxiously awaiting them! (Note: read this last sentence with sarcasm)

4 comments:

Kira said...

ok, watermelon football seems like it is a lot of fun!

Cyd said...

Is Braden some sort of giant? I haven't seen him in years. Congratulations on the graduation, you'll have to tell Ash to give the secret for the decor, they were adoreable!

Jessica Snyder said...

3 comments:
1. Way to go all "martha stewart" Ashley
2. That is one lucky watermellon to be the center of attention of all those shirtless men!
3. When did Braden grow up? I missed that. But then again, I still think of Jake as a 7 year old kid.

Rach and Clark said...

how fun! Wish we could have been there to celebrate both of your incredible achievements!