We've had a nice weekend. We were able to attend a BBQ at the home of one of the UF dental school admissions committee members on Saturday afternoon and were really glad we stayed in Gainesville to attend. The food was delicious and it was a great opportunity to meet the College of Dentistry's Dean, Dean of Admissions, and admissions committee members in a casual setting. Since Jeff is applying in May, we thought this was an opportunity that he shouldn't miss.
With that, however, we weren't able to go to my mom's for our traditional Easter gathering in Tampa. We were disappointed about that but, we did have our good friends, Brent & Erin over for Easter dinner. I made my first brown sugar glazed ham (actually, Publix made it...I just glazed it and warmed it up!) and tried a new dessert recipe (see pic below and recipe in my "What's Cooking..." section). It was all tasty and we always enjoy spending time with Brent & Erin. They're leaving Gainesville soon for Washington and we'll definitely miss them!
I hope you all enjoyed your Easter celebrations! Amid all of the bunnies and candies, it is wonderful to be able to remember and celebrate the atonement and resurrection of the Savior among family and friends!

Our Easter Chocolate Trifle...Yum!
1 comment:
Amy that trifle looks delicious. I can't wait to try it out!
Post a Comment