Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving Over...On to Christmas!!

Well, I didn't quite get this updated as quickly as I'd wanted. Jeff and I have been putting in long hours at the office and library this week. We can definitely tell it's the end of the semester!

We had a nice Thanksgiving at my Mom's house. It was very relaxing and dinner was delicious! Ashley made a delicious sweet potato casserole. It became an instant hit and is definitely something I'll have to make before next Thanksgiving. It was might tasty but *very* unhealthy! I posted the recipe on the right if any of you would like to give it a go for Christmas!

We came back to Gainesville on Friday in order to prepare the big Florida/Florida State game on Saturday. It was a little bitter-sweet. It was a fun game (it's always fun when we whoop FSU) but the last one of the season is always sad...Not to mention it was Brent's last game before he graduates. He's been nice enough to drive he big truck to the games the last few years. We have no idea what we're going to do next year!?! Scooter maybe?? I also had the realization that it was my 10th football season at UF...Yikes! 10 years of student season tickets...that's got to be some kind of record!

Thanksgiving Part II was also a success. We did a cajun-style deep fried turkey. That was mighty tasty too! I came out looking totally burnt but, it wasn't! We both loved it and found it quite easy to do. It's definitely a new holiday favorite. However, next time I'll have to get a bigger turkey. The leftovers went fast!

Anyway, check out all the pics below from our adventures this past week. Merry Christmas to All!

Thanksgiving at Mom's

Our Last Ride to the Football Game w/ Brent (You can see why he drives! Our little mazda can't do that!)

Our Thanksgiving Part II Table

Jeff, Preparing the Bird

The Deep-Fryer..best to keep it away from the house

It's done! Doesn't it look burnt!?!

All ready for Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Snake - posting my recipe as your own! Boo hiss.
Love, Ashley