Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A New Favorite--The Dallas Arboretum

We had a fun day with some old, and new, friends at the Dallas Arboretum. It's definitely one of my new favorite places and a must-go in Dallas. I feel like any time I'm really missing the beautiful greenery in Florida I can go there and be refreshed. We'll definitely be going back!

To celebrate the season, the main pathway through the gardens was lined with pumpkins of all shapes and sizes. The kids, of course, were anxious to try and pick them up. Thankfully, they were "reely, reely heavy" and couldn't be moved!

Riley, Presley and Chase


The Pumpkin Village was so cute--entire houses made of pumpkins, a pumpkin river with a bridge over, Cinderella's carriage and a hay-bale maze. Presley loved exploring all of the different areas!



She was especially exited to sit in Cinderella's carriage. We've been reading a lot of Cinderella stories she was all about it!





Not sure why she thought this yucky styrofoam pumpkin was so fun. Would've been a cute picture with a nice, real pumpkin!


The kids loved going down the slide in the Native American park,


And exploring the teepee.


They were all excited to make a wish and throw their pennies in the fountain. They were so excited to do it once that I had to reach in, fish out the pennies, and let them do it a few more times!



Have you ever tried to get 7 toddlers to get together and smile for a picture? Impossible I tell you. Impossible. (Yes, I said 7. Three didn't even make it onto the ledge long enough for a picture ;-)


Presley and Kennedy had fun getting to know each other.



One of Presley's favorite things was to find "secret" paths and benches that we would go off and find just the two of us. She was pretty excited to sit on this secret bench, all by ourselves.



It was such a fun and beautiful day and we look forward to going back to the Arboretum during all of the different seasons!

1 comment:

Stephanie Tobler said...

How beautiful! LOve the Cindy Carriage. what a princess!