Sunday, October 21, 2012

11 Months Old!

My how time flies! P is going to be graduating to toddler-hood in just one short month! Yikes! This was an eventful month for our little sweet P! She's still growing like a weed and has a lot of new "tricks" to keep us entertained!


  • At 11 months old, P weighs about 20 pounds. She still seems pretty tall for her age but, she's definitely lean! We get comments all the time on how petite she is.
  • P now has 4 teeth--2 on top, 2 on the bottom--and enjoys using them! She definitely prefers big girl foods, her favorites being bananas, pears, black beans, graham crackers and Cheerios (with almond milk). She loves to eat (she practically leaps into my arms when I ask her if she's ready for a snack) and enjoys just about anything that she can feed herself. I bought her some little spoons and she's learning to use those and she's started sharing her food with us. She loves to feed Momma and Daddy!
  • We reached two really big milestones this month. First, P is walking...WALKING! A couple of days before she reached the 11 month mark, she decided that she was ready to be a full-time walker. She's been toddling around in short spurts (6-10 steps) for weeks but, finally decided she's ready to view the world upright. She especially likes to cruise around naked after her baths. It's so funny to see her little Tobler buns toddling around the house. Her bottom looks just like Jeff's.
  • Second, P officially started talking! She's been saying Mamamamamama and Dadadadadada for a month or two but, this month her words are more understandable and deliberate. She says Mama, Dada, nana (for banana), hi and hot (sounds more like Haaa). She makes other sounds consistently but, I can't tell yet what they are for. She's always been a bit of a chatterbox (especially when she's eating) but, she seems to be really chatting away now!
  • Thanks to some nifty apps on the iPad, Presley is really starting to learn her animals and their noises! She can tell you what the lion, monkey, elephant, dog and cow say.
  • This month P started showing that she knows her body parts using her own body (rather than pointing to mine). She can show you ears, hair, eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, belly, hands, feet and toes.
  • One of Presley's favorite games to play is "lions" with her Daddy. They crawl around the floor growling at each other and then attempt to get me. It's great fun and part of our bedtime routine.
  • P learned how to open cupboards this month so, she's been helping me rearrange my kitchen. It's great that she can come and play in the kitchen with me while I cook. She makes messes about as fast as I can clean them up though!
  • Presley loves balls! She's learned to flop herself into her ball pit and how to play catch--or at least roll the ball back and forth.
  • She loves to dance and gets really excited to do the "hot dog dance" at the end of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She loves Mickey Mouse and while she doesn't really watch much of the program, she always stops what she's doing and goes into dance when she hears the "hot dog dance" music. She has some sweet moves!
  • Presley's special friend is 9-year-old, Grace, our nannies daughter. When she sees her at church, she leaps out of our arms and is very reluctant to come back to us. I'm so glad that she has so much fun at the Cole's house. I still hate leaving her just as much as I need back in March but, at least I know she's happy and having fun.
  • We spend a lot of time at the park. P loves to swing, climb the stairs, play in the tunnel and go down the slide. My truck is now constantly filled with sand (and I love it)!
I just can hardly believe that it's all ready been almost a year since Presley joined our family. It is such a blessing to be her Momma and I'm so grateful for all that she's taught me in the last 11 months. She's so easy to love and it melts my heart every time she curls up for a cuddle with me. Every night when I rock her to sleep, I'm so grateful for this sweet little lady that Heavenly Father trusted us with.

No comments: