Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ashley & Jay's Wedding



We were so excited to be a part of Ashley and Jay's wedding! It was a beautiful setting, Ashley was a beautiful bride and Jay was a very handsome groom! Jeff and I both agreed that it was one of the funnest weddings we've ever been to!

We had to rehearse a little. Apparently Greer didn't get the "wear navy and white" memo. Somehow, most of us managed to don the same color scheme without any coordination. Great minds think alike, I guess!


The wedding was on the beach at Jay's parents home, a place affectionately known as "Peeper Beach." If you heard Ashley talk about where they were getting married, she'd downplay the location by saying "the backyard" but, as you can see, it was so beautiful and a great place to get married and then celebrate it! Of course, there was a little bit of anxiety about the weather! They were so lucky--it rained most of the day before and the day after but, it was perfect for the ceremony and reception (aside from some wind)!




The girls all got ready in the guest house. Greer put together an excellent "love" soundtrack and we enjoyed getting all gussied up for the big event! Of course, it doesn't take much for either one of my sisters to look amazing. As a new mommy, I need all of the help I can get!






 

 

Before the ceremony, Ashley received some final "love texts" from Jay and a hand massage from me. And then it was time to go become Mrs. Peeper!


I love this shot of Jay when he first saw Ashley. And it was even sweeter when I watched him get choked up looking at his beautiful bride. He was looking at her the way a groom should look at his bride.

  





 

The reverend did a really nice job with the ceremony and before we knew it, we were being introduced to the new Mr. and Mrs. Peeper! Hoorah!


This is Jay and his best man, and brother, Blake. Can you tell they're brothers!?!

Our little sweet P made an appearance for a couple of pictures. Doesn't Jeff look handsome in his seer-sucker coat? Love it. Love him. Love my baby.






I love this photo of all of us goof-balls. Seriously, one of my favorite photos of the day. It's so us.


The Peepers---such a nice family. We just love them.





Such a beautiful, happy couple.




Ashley and Jay danced their first dance to Blake Shelton's "God gave me you" sung by Jay's best friend, Wilson. It was such a magical moment. The sun was starting to set and Wilson did a great job. Very romantic.



We were too busy enjoying the party to take many pictures but, it was a spectacular party! The food was delicious (barbeque served on fine china), the dance floor was packed, and we enjoyed a few down moments in front of the fire pit on the beach. 

The couple made their happy exit...


...and we were all tuckered out.



2 comments:

The Mom Tobler said...

Thanks for the post. I was hoping for some pictures and a recap of the big event. So happy for Ashley...we were really impressed with Jay. He seems like a great guy! And Peeper Beach...beautiful place for a wedding. I could enjoy a backyard like that:)

Irene Da Costa said...

Awesome pics! And yay for Ashley! So happy for her! :)