Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Problem Solved...

We've had a problem the last several weeks...a rather annoying, sleep depriving problem. It seems every mosquito in the great state of Florida (not really but, it sure seems like it) has decided to make our lovely little condo their summer vacation spot. Those little buggers are every where. Every time we open our front door, another handful fly in. The prey on us while we're showering, exercising, and most annoyingly, sleeping. I've been thrice bitten on my face, and when I awoke to an eye swollen mostly shut last week, I decided that I've had enough.

We are now the proud owners, and users, of a (not so attractive) bed canopy/mosquito net. And I'm happy to say that we have now enjoyed several consecutive nights of sound sleep and it's fantastic. No longer do we wake up swinging, or go on 3 AM hunts, or swat at sounds that are remotely similar to the high pitched buzz of our predators (does your nose ever whistle when it's clogged?). All I can hope is that the little buggers are suffering--starving and in constant state of frustration, seeing our bodies lying there as a perpetually unreachable feast.




(An interesting side note: We've had this problem for about 6 weeks. Apparently we are slow to adapt--thank goodness evolution didn't depend on us.)

1 comment:

Kira said...

hysterical post Amy!!