So, I just began my last month of my 20's. The big 3-0 is just around the corner and I'm a little less than thrilled about it. Jeff and I are always lamenting about growing old. Why can't we just be 25 forever? Alas, we have yet to figure out how to stop time. I did, however, have a flattering experience on Friday night that I will have to remember when I'm consoling myself on my big day.
I was at Youth Conference with my young women on Friday night, happily set up outside, guarding against any mischief in the pool area while the dance was in full swing. I was listening to some music (on my new iPhone--did I tell you I have one? And love it?) and doing some reading for work whilst a group of 5 young men were hanging out across the way. I was keeping a little eye on them but not paying much attention when, suddenly, they all came and sat down by me. The conversation went something like this:
Me: Hi, what can I do for you?
YM (young men): Hi, so, what are you doing?
Me: Oh, not much. Just a bit of reading.
Yadda, yadda, yadda (a bit of small talk but I could tell they weren't sure if I was a leader)
YM: So, how old are you?
Me: (laughing) How old do I look?
YM: Umm...18 or 19.
Me: (laughing harder) Really? Actually, I'm 29. I'll be 30 next month!
They inquired further about my marital status and the whereabouts of my husband before I ushered them back into the dance so that they could make their move on someone of a more appropriate age.
So, on my 30th birthday as I'm drowning my sorrows in sushi and cake, I will remind myself that just one month earlier a group of 15 year olds boys thought I looked young enough to try and pick up at a dance. I will also promptly write a thank you note to Olay--apparently my anti-wrinkle cream is working.
2 comments:
Amy ... cute stories..guess I need the name of your anti-sgeing cream..Sounds as though you guys are doing great!!!!love G-Emma
I need to get me some of that cream! Too funny Amy!
Post a Comment