Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Burnt Out

I have had an extended hiatus from my normal life. Usually, I rejoice in my cushy, university job and the life it affords. However, the past 6 weeks have found me traveling and working way too much. I've had 6 trips in the last 6 weeks (thankfully, some were in state) and let me tell you, traveling for work is not as sexy as it may seem--at least not so much in such a short amount of time and especially when normal life doesn't stop while you're away!
Anyway, I find myself burnt out--from work, from my church calling (even though I haven't been present for that in about a month), physically, mentally, and from life in general. I'm in desperate need of a vacation but, a long weekend will have to do. Thankfully, I get to celebrate our Independence with my sweetheart--time with him is just what I need to feel happy and human again.

1 comment:

The Mom Tobler said...

I hope you both have a very relaxing weekend.