Saturday, December 26, 2009

Giving Thanks...

So, this post is much over due! It's the day after Christmas and I'm just now posting about Thanksgiving! To say the last couple of months have been busy would be a gross understatement. But, amidst the madness we had a very nice Thanksgiving in Tampa at my mom's house.

'Round here, we all pitch in for our Thanksgiving feast.

Ashley is the pie-lady and this year she made many-a-pie. She made a delicious pumpkin pie and tried valiantly for our family-favorite, homemade banana cream pie. Her efforts started very optimistically...


But, two of the three ended up looking not quite so pie-like.


They were delicious mistakes nonetheless and mom was able to work her magic on the third attempt. It may seem like a lot of effort for one pie but, it was totally worth it!

Greer did a lot of dishes and didn't stay dry in the kitchen very long.


I make Aunt Rochelle's rolls (I guess that makes me the roll-lady). They were tasty this year!


New this year, Dave deep-fried the turkey. It was mighty tasty and very fitting I think given our long-term residence in the South. He watched many You Tube videos that convinced him he was taking his life in his hands by frying our bird and we appreciated his death-defying cookery for the delicious turkey and laughs it produced.


Mom always sets an elegant table and we use the nice china and silver. Although, when we're doing the dished someone always asks why we don't just move to paper plates and plastic utensils... I suppose now it's because we're tree-huggers.


Braden always plays with his food, always the olives and occasionally the mashed potatoes (Hey, Dad, Ashley and Braden. Do you remember "the bird that swooped and pooped right in my eye?" :-) For our other readers, you definitely had to be there!)


This year Greer got to sit by Jeff. Ashley, our resident Emily Post, was adamant that it was not proper to sit right next to your spouse. So, I got to sit and enjoy the view from across the table. :-)


The day after Thanksgiving, we helped my mom put up her Christmas tree. I just thought this was a funny image...two butts sticking out of a Christmas tree.


Jeff (not so) delicately placed the angel on top of the tree


And we all enjoyed adorning the tree. We don't subscribe to the "too many ornaments" idea around here. Luckily, this tree was extra tall and there was plenty of room!


We finished the weekend by heading home for the Florida/Florida State game, which was Tim Tebow's last game in the Swamp. It was awesome. The Gator Walk was insane, the fans were rowdy (even for a less than impressive FSU team) and everyone stayed until Tebow and the rest of the seniors left the field. It was one of my favorite moments as a Gator thus far (11 years and counting...).


To honor Tim Tebow, many fans wore eye black, including me and Ashley of course!


And here I am with my favorite Gator, for whom I am most thankful. Every day we recognize how blessed we are and are thankful that our lives are filled with so much joy.

1 comment:

Rach and Clark said...

looks like such a fun time! Now, what about the Christmas pics? Don't tell me your sister is keeping those pics hostage as well!