We also climbed the Eiffel Tower that evening when we went back to the city. We thought we were in line for the elevators but, we quickly found ourselves climbing the 330 stairs to the first platform. It was here I realized that I have a little issue with heights...it was very disconcerting to see the ground and wonder...what if there was an earthquake!?! I held on to the handrails firmly all the way up.
We finished the day with a delicious dinner at a cafe near our hotel. I had the quiche, Ashley had the mussels, and we ordered the "cream cheese and strawberry sauce" for dessert. Surely, we thought, this would be like cheese cake...and then we thought, wouldn't it be funny if it were a block of cream cheese with jam on top? Alas, it was closer to the latter...a cup of really creamy cream cheese with a strawberry sauce on top. Funny and delicious all together. :-)
Enjoy some of our day 2 pics! Tomorrow, Day 3...the churches! (It was Sunday after all!)
P.S. A disclaimer about our hair...none of our usual hair tools worked in France. We had to rely on a vacuum-cleaner type hair dryer that wasn't worth its weight. I'm going to see what Photoshop can do to clean us up before I put these all in a scrapbook! Just know that we are not at the top of our game!
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |

3 comments:
I thought that Versailles was such a beautiful place as well!! Sounds like you had a blast. :) Looking forward to the next post, your pictures bring back great memories.
Love it- love the pictures! It's breathtaking there!
Wow, I'm totally jealous! It looks like a beautiful place. I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip. I think my favorite pic was Ash's dirty donkey hands!
Post a Comment